The Microsoft Dynamics AX Application and Security Administrator is responsible for assisting in the design, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of the Global AX ERP. This role includes interacting with both Microsoft Dynamics AX IT support staff and business users to understand requirements, evaluating alternative solutions, resolving problems, issues, communicating status and documenting system changes. Remainder of the AX Application and Security Administrator’s duties are described in this job description.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities related to MS AX Dynamics Administration:
- Installing and configuring all aspects of the Dynamics AX ERP
- Configuring and maintaining Dynamics AX administrative tasks such as (user management, configuration, deployment)
- Technical responsibilities including multi-tiered application support, basic AD administration and overall environment responsibility in multi-instance AX environment
- Design, develop, test and monitor plans for AX security implementation
- Develop, maintain and enforce security policies and procedures aligned with best practices for segregation of duties and lead other process improvement initiatives.
- Perform Microsoft Dynamics AX Compliance Center configuration, administration, and maintenance.
- Management and review of security logs and table permissions framework (TPF)
Platform security areas. SQL, SSRS, SSAS, SharePoint.
- Manage security in the Application Integration Framework as needed
Essential Duties and Responsibilities related to Compliance:
- Delivery of information for periodic segregation of duties and sensitive access analysis Completion of periodic Microsoft Dynamics AX user access reviews.
- Maintain the Microsoft Dynamics AX Compliance Center rule set to assure proper documentation of functions and segregation of duties and sensitive access risks.
- Translates business functional requirements into technical design for security roles
Qualifications Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or Business, or equivalent work experience
- ERP experience. Training can be provided to transition to Microsoft Dynamics administration
- Ideally a candidate will also have an understanding of business concepts e.g. A candidate would understand what is meant by “ensure users that can post invoices are not allowed to pay vendors
- Knowledge of Imperva Database security is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required
Essential knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior experience implementing Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Prior experience implementing and supporting ERP applications
- Knowledge of multi-domain level infrastructures (i.e. network trusts etc…)
- ERP GRC full project life cycle implementations
- Prior technical experience supporting multi-tiered financial applications
- Understanding of Active directory including global security groups, local security, policies
Experience in ERP security implementations
- In depth understanding of ERP security including configuration, transaction codes, authorizations, organization levels
- Experience working with the Microsoft Dynamics AX Compliance Center tool to manage user provisioning and identify segregation of duties and sensitive access violations
- Experience collaborating with auditors to demonstrate compliance with internal and external standards.
Given this role will work with Financial applications, candidate should understand their roll in context to Sarbanes-Oxley requirements/responsibilities
- Knowledge in the following areas: Active Directory, Database (relationships, tables, fields, queries, etc…) security concepts, Network security concepts
Job Description The Microsoft Dynamics AX Application and Security Administrator is responsible for assisting in the design, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of the Global AX ERP. This role includes interacting with both Microsoft Dynamics AX IT support staff and business users to understand requirements, evaluating alternative solutions, resolving problems, issues, communicating status and documenting system […]